Friday, November 16, 2018

Today is the One-Year Anniversary of My Stem Cell Transplant

20171115_11592020181116_080306

                     November 16, 2017                     November 16, 2018

Today is a momentous day for me. I am celebrating the one year old birthday of my new immune system. This also means that I have been cancer free for a year. Of course, I need to wait until the PET scan in January to confirm that but we are thanking God for this healing miracle.

Here is what I wrote last year….

My main prayer request is that this would work and I would come out the process “Cancer-free” six months from now. Also please pray for Joyce and I as we grit it out through the process. Knowing that people are praying is a huge factor in keeping us positive and moving forward. Thank you for your prayers and support

As you can see that prayer was answered doubly. It is still true that we need prayer and that your prayers are a great encouragement. We are almost to the point where we can start making plans for the future and would appreciate your prayers for that. In the meantime we have our Christmas plates and cups out already and we plan to really enjoy our celebration of the incarnation. I missed the last two because I was so sick and it will be great to enjoy a Christmas that I can actually remember. To say God is good seems almost not enough. We have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving and we plan to celebrate that. Thank you for your prayers and support!

No comments: