Saturday, February 26, 2011

Some Pictures from My Birthday Celebration

I have been planning to post a few pictures from my birthday celebration a couple weeks ago, but I have been a little too busy until this morning. Mike and Samantha took us out to the Hard Rock Cafe in the Hotel Row in Tumon. I had never been there before. And, I admit, I have never had an Elvis impersonator sing "Happy Birthday" to me before accompanied by dozens of Japanese tourists. It was a fun night, the burgers and nachos were great, and it was a nice break in my normal routine.

I enjoyed getting out with the family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The kids enjoyed giving me the presents and cards they had made.  I was truly surprised when Courage gave me a bag of her homemade granola. Note also that I got a new 49er hat. 
I did have to stand on a chair and listen to Elvis, the waitress and several Japanese tourists sing to me in order to get my birthday hot fudge sundae. I shared it with everyone! 

Serenity's favorite part of the evening was looking at the fish in the aquarium in the hotel lobby. She sat there like this for quite a while. 

The other two grand-kids enjoyed playing in the hotel lobby. I am not sure that this was the way the designer intended this furniture to be utilized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, awesome!!!! LOVED the pics buddy!!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. :-) Where was that at?? Love that they made you stand on the chair and all for your bday Sunday. Looks like being Grandparents is GREAT!!!