Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Guam Chronicles: A Reflection on Guam and Grandpa Steve

The last couple weeks we have had several guests here for our story crafting conference. Besides being a tremendous blessing to us at the conference, they also did some blogging about our school. One of our guests, Rachelle Heverly, wrote about her experiences on Guam and interviewed one of our professors, Steve Bradley. Here is a little bit of that article which you can find here...


"As I reflect upon my time on Guam thus far, I am overwhelmed by the experiences, the lessons, and the people especially that have made the “highlights reel” of my trip a never-ending film strip of scenes I’d like to play over and over in my memory…
…From the hospitality of a generous couple to sharing delicious meals and sweet conversation with welcoming new friends…from an evening stroll through Chamorro Village to sun-bathed days on white-sanded beaches…from the sheer joy prompted by baby Timothy’s smiley giggle to listening to Serenity gleefully shout each new word she learns…from 5-minute guitar lessons under a shady tree to sharing my writing tips with eager young students…from worship songs in Chapel that portray our unity as brothers and sisters in Christ to Sunday morning services with the lovely Bradley family… My highlight reel of our short 18 days on Guam could very easily depict each and every moment I’ve been so blessed to experience with these sweet people.
Since I cannot focus on just one particular day or moment or experience, I decided to give you a glimpse into a conversation I was privileged to have with one Mr. Bradley …

You can find this whole article at http://mariakeckler.com/one-day-one-conversation-one-mr-bradley/ along with other posts containing some of Maria's reflections about her time here.

No comments: