Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chapel Music at PIU

One of the things I most enjoy here at PIU is being able to hear the students playing music and singing. Somebody on campus is singing or playing a guitar pretty much 24/7. Often when I come out of class at 9.30 PM there is a jam session going on, making some beautiful music. We also get to see and hear the musical talents of the students displayed in chapel on Tuesdays and Fridays. We have been making some videos of our chapel services lately and I thought it was about time I posted one here. (Thanks to Asia for uploading it to Youtube for me - When you don't know how to do video conversion and all the other techy stuff get a student in the Advancement office to do it for you, I always say!) This is a video from chapel a couple weeks ago featuring Kita Mokut leading the students in singing a song that she wrote. Those of you who saw the Voices of Micronesia perform will remember Kita. I really like this song. Hope you enjoy it. You are welcome to come join us for chapel. The music sounds even better live!

No comments: