Monday, March 19, 2012

With Mr. Wallace in Portland

One of the nice surprises on this trip was an opportunity to visit with my teacher and principal from my junior high days at Baymonte Christian School, Mr. David Wallace. Mr Wallace (yes I still need to refer to him like that!) was the founder of Valley Christian School and Baymonte and he is one of the people who played a very important part in my life. He taught me how to diagram sentences when I was in 8th grade and I still use the skills in teaching exegesis classes. I know my PIU students appreciate this. He has been a faithful prayer partner and donor to our ministry in Micronesia since we first went to Palau in 1984. He told me that he keeps a picture of Joyce and I on the wall next to his breakfast table and prays for us every morning. We had a great time reminiscing about old times and talking about the ministry at PIU. It was also fun to see Bruce and Barb LeBaron (Mr. Wallace’s daughter). Barbara was my speech teacher when I was in 11th grade at Baymonte. Missions do not work without the faithful prayers of many people and I am certainly thankful and encouraged that I have such faithful prayer partners.

No comments: