Friday, February 15, 2013

Granddaughters

cousergwen2Joyce and I are very blessed to have five grandchildren – 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons – with another granddaughter on the way who should arrive in March. Of course, we are very excited about that and Joyce will be using my frequent flyer miles again to be with Kristin when she has the baby. Grandsons are great. Titus will always be my first grandchild and there is something about that which is very special and creates a unique relationship.Leila I enjoy my time with Milo. He is so much like Matt it feels like déjà vu. I wish I could spend more time with him. The relationship with granddaughters is not better than with grandsons. It is just different and I don’t know how to explain it. SAMSUNGI just enjoy it. I get to spend a lot of time with Courage and Serenity here on Guam and we are looking forward to spending time with Leila when I am in Dallas in a couple months to do some recruiting. I did get some pictures during Valentine week which I needed an excuse to share. So here they are. The picture on the upper left was taken yesterday in the PIU office with Gwen, the daughter of our Executive Administrator Nino Pate. On the right, is the Valentine’s Day card, from Leila, that our daughter Missy sent us from Texas. The picture of Serenity on the tricycle was taken in chapel on Tuesday. My devotional reading this morning said this, “Grandchildren are the crown of old men”  AMEN!!

No comments: