Monday, June 05, 2017

Quick Medical Update

I visited the urologist today and got some good news. He thinks the kidney is doing an adequate job of draining into the bladder and decided to take the nephrostomy bag off today. He is concerned about the narrowing of the ureter, but he thinks that since things are working okay anyway we'll be fine. We will be leaving the tubes in my kidney and I will still have the hole in my back for 3 weeks to make sure everything is ok before they pull everything out. If he needs to widen the ureter we can always do another surgical procedure later. So I would ask for your prayers that everything goes okay. It is really nice not to be tethered to a bag and a tube.

1 comment:

Jam-mac said...

Prayers both you and Joyce. Realize this a long process and with Lords help you will be good to go soon