Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Week in Yap

Today is the next to last day of my teaching trip to Yap and Palau. I have enjoyed it but am ready to come home. Sunday I had the opportunity to preach at the Maap Church where former PIBC student Jesse Torwan pastors. That evening I was at the Rumuu Chuch where I addressed the pastors and elders of the Yap Evangelical Church and we had a planning meeting to discuss strategy for the future of PIBC in Yap. They were excited about the idea of distance education and the possibilities it provided for academic education and church training in Yap.


My wisdom literature class has been fun. We have a mostly young group of students including three high school girls who plan to come to the Guam campus in the Fall. Some of the local pastors attend the class as observers and always inject good questions and ideas into the class. We will finish up with discussions of Esther and Ruth tonight and then Daniel tomorrow. I am working with some of the students as I post this to help them with the procedure for the internet assignments.
It was a real treat to be able to see and have lunch with Jonathan Tamag, a 2006 graduate of PIBC Guam. (See pictured with me and missionary Asael Ruda) Jonathan is now working in the hospital as a mental health counselor which gives him many opportunities to minister. He says that he is able to “apply biblical principles” into many of his counseling situations. He will also begin to work with the youth group in the Colonia Church. I was pleased to hear that he believes his PIBC education prepared him well for what he is doing. I have enjoyed Yap, but my next post will be from my home on Guam.

1 comment:

Mac said...

LOL! how came tamag's teeth are black?