Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hawaii Day #1

I am back in my hotel room after a good day of discussion. We will continue later tonight. The discussion group included (from left to right) me, Randy Furushima, Chris Racine and Hemaloto Alatini. Chris and Hema are very interested in having PIBC expand into Fiji and Tonga and beyond. Randy and I have been talking a long time about PIBC opening a teaching facility in Hawaii. Hawaii has more Micronesians than any place in the world other than Chuuk. It is exciting to be in a discussion with guys who have a great and expansive vision. What we are talking about would enable PIBC to truly become a college of many more of the Pacific islands. Of course, for something like this to happen many details would have to be worked out, but many of the needed pieces, including a lot of the financing, are already in place. Please pray with us for wisdom and direction. My dream is that when my time on this earth is done that that all the islands will have well-trained theologians, pastors and Bible teachers who will disciple their own people for Christ.

No comments: