Sunday, March 16, 2008

PIBC Days Guam

This past weekend was PIBC Days for the Guam campus. PIBC Days is a 3 day celebration of the founding and history of the school that includes sports, games, worship services, music and lots of eating. This year's theme was "Stand Your Ground" and the campus was divided into three teams: Shadrach, Mishach and Abednego. I was on the Abednego (which we quickly renamed Azariah) team and Joyce was on the Mishach team.



I know that I said I was going to try to avoid getting out on the basketball court this year but I could not resist. I managed to play in two games. Well sort of. I can still shoot and pass but the running and jumping are severely limited. Joyce did manage to get a picture of one of the few shots I made. You can see the surprise on the face of my opponent. I actually feel pretty good today and plan on doing my regular Monday evening walk. Joyce is pictured with here winning basketball team on Sunday evening.

The worship services each night and on Sunday morning were great. Each team is responsible to decorate the building according to their themes and colors. Each team also writes their own team song and skit to reflect the theme. The creativity this year was incredible. Some very beautiful songs were written (we even heard a traditional Chinese song from one of our Chinese students) and then, last night, Team Mishach took us inside the fiery furnace. It was also great just to have relaxed time to sit with the students and talk about their lives and dreams. I don't get a chance to do that often enough. I get to preach and teach at them but don't get enough time to listen to them.

Now we take a week off and get ready to make the run to the finish of the semester and graduation on May 13th.

No comments: