Saturday, March 29, 2008

Updates and Other Stuff

Earthquake Update: We have had a few little rumblers and shakers following the 5.4 quake we had a couple days ago. Friday morning I got a pretty good shake a little before my class session on 1st John. As far as I know there was no significant damage on the island. The water heater at our house has a leak now, but I am not sure how much effect the quake had on that.

Chuuk: I will be heading to Chuuk on Wednesday morning. I plan to meet with Chuuk DOE people to continue planning to implement our program for their teachers to get AA degrees. I will also be talking with the students on Tol and Weno about how the changes we are making there will effect them. We are going to need to figure out a way to accommodate more of them on our Guam campus next Fall. Oh yea, and I will be teaching the final three sessions of the Exegesis in Genesis course.

Today is our daughter Melissa's 23rd birthday. It is hard to believe that it was that long ago when we came up to Guam from Palau for her to be born. We are looking forward to meeting her in LA when we are there this summer to see our new granddaughter born. Here are a couple old pictures of Melissa and our family from about 1996. Happy Birthday Missy!

2 comments:

Brandon Buie said...

I hereby make claim to being the first person in the world to read Dave's blog from a Windows Mobile device! (Yes, it's a pathetic way to make history, but you play the cards you're dealt.)
I'll be praying for the time in Chuuk.

Dave Owen said...

Wow Brandon, that is very cool. I want a Windows Mobile Device too! ;) I appreciate the prayers. This is a real turning point in what we are doing in Chuuk.