Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm On Chuuk

It is exciting to be able to post to my blog from my hotel room in Chuuk. (I still pay $.08 per megabyte for the internet connection here). Last time we were here our hotel (Kurassa) did not have any internet. We are seeing more and more wireless hotspots on Chuuk. The exciting news here is that we have a wireless internet connection on our Tol campus. Tol is a 45 minute to one hour boat ride across the lagoon from the district center. So now the only utilities on Tol are cell phone and wireless internet but I am excited to go across the lagoon on Saturday and make my first blog post from Tol! In the meantime I will be at our teaching facility on Weno, the Chuuk district center. I am finishing up the lecture/discussion sessions on Genesis. Last night we discussed the Jacob-Rachel-Leah-Laban section. We will finish up with classes on Thursday and Friday night. The students do their homework by email and discussions and quizzes on the internet. I am also meeting with the Chuuk Department of Education leadership to finalize our agreement with them to help with providing training for their public school teachers. I also get to meet with our Chuuk staff and faculty. The picture is of our Chuuk campus director Yosta Lodge and teaching facility coordinator Iotaka Choram. I appreciate your prayers that I will be able to have a productive time here in Chuuk.

No comments: