Sunday, April 05, 2009

California Trip Post #1

I haven't had time or access lately to update the blog on what I am doing so the next few posts are "catch up." I left Guam Monday the 30th and arrived at Sacramento airport at about the same time. Joyce and my parents picked me up at the airport. She had been there already a week helping her parents get ready to move - thank God for all the airline miles we accumulate, they paid for her trip. After a day of rest (I got about three hours of sleep during the 20+ hours of flight and airport time) we went the next morning to meet old friends Ang and Steve Leuice at Starbucks in Placerville. Steve and Ang were co-workers with us in Palau in the 80's and on Guam in the 90's. Our kids pretty much grew up together. Steve pastors Camino Community Church, one of our supporting churches. I guess we had a lot to catch up on because we talked for about three hours without even realizing that that much time had gone by. We were glad to hear about what God is doing in their lives, although I must admit, I did try to recruit them to come back to Guam.

No comments: