Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Owen’s Are Ready for Some Football

Today marks that great annual American cultural event – the start of the NFL football season. And the Owen’s are ready. I am very happy that we have live football here (with the recent- within the last couple years- switch to digital internet based TV we have several channels of live sports now) instead of having to wait 2-3 weeks to “have the tapes shipped out” to watch the games as we did in the 1980’s when we first came out to Micronesia. We will have a couple people over tonight to watch the game (I record it while we are at school – with the time difference we get it at 10.30 AM) and have some food and fellowship around the football action.

As you can see from the pictures I am still a 49er fan. As Titus says, “The 49ers are the good guys!” I am hoping for 10-6 or 9-7 with a trip to the playoffs but we will see. My Super Bowl prediction for this year is Saints vs. Chargers. I think I can make my guess just as well as those guys on NFL Network! :)

We had a little football action of our own in the backyard after we took the pictures in our 49er jerseys. Titus says, “if you wear the shirt you have to play the game!” In the picture on the left you can see Courage avoid Titus’ tackle on the way to another touchdown. I liked the football shoes she chose. We had a great time until Titus and Courage cracked heads together trying to make a tackle. Nevertheless the consensus was that we need to play tackle football in the backyard again some time. Go 49ers! Yea football!

And finally, Grandpa is sacked under a furious rush from the 49er defensive line.

No comments: