Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More on My US Mainland Trip

I am back on Guam after 4 weeks on the US Mainland. The main purpose of the trip was to recruit students, staff and faculty, develop more transfer agreements with US universities and seminaries, and raise funds for the school. We are about $20,000 short of ($100,000) the minimum we need to raise in donations for 2011 and, though I raised some money on the trip, we are still well short of our goal. I met many interested potential students and staff members on the trip and we are praying that many of them will join us in the near future.

I am always humbled by the generosity of God’s people as I travel. In my 28 days of travel I only had to pay for a hotel room for three nights. Third John type hospitality is still alive and well in the American church. The other fringe benefit I get from this trip is the opportunity to stay with family. Missy and Cliff’s (pictured) house became my Dallas Texas area base and I had an enjoyable time there. Their baby is growing and we can hardly wait for March when she, our grandchild #5, is scheduled to be born. I still plan to make a couple more posts about my trip adventures plus will post a few things about what was going on at PIU while I was gone. It is nice to be back where it is warm all the time.

No comments: