Monday, February 06, 2012

My “Super” Birthday Party

Every year the Super Bowl happens right about the same time as my birthday, so our tradition the last few years (since 2003) has been to combine the celebrations.  This year we also celebrated three other birthdays along with mine. We had several of our PIU staff attend, a couple PIU students and some other friends dropped by too, including one Giant fan – Bill Schuit our PIU board chairman from New Jersey on his way to Palau, Chuuk and then the board meeting on Guam - and a family of Patriot fans – the Bradleys. The rivalries stayed peaceful, although you can see the tension on the faces in the picture on the right, and we all had a great time. The food was great and the conversation was lively all the way through. Here are a few pictures of the celebration.

The Patriot fans were disappointed, but managed to carry on. :)

I enjoyed the game wearing my 49er jersey, drinking coffee from my 49er 1981 season commemorative mug on my 49er red couch. The triple chocolate cake increased my enjoyment as well.

The other food choices were outstanding too. Maria made enchiladas and Rob fried up his famous hot wings. Daisy enjoyed them as you can see.

During halftime Sam, me Josh Ladd and Daisy blew out the birthday candles. The entire triple chocolate cake was quickly consumed.

The game and party were enjoyed by people of all genders.

No comments: