Friday, May 11, 2012

First Annual PIU 5K Run and Walk

5k Walk Wheel Run Poster Dark and early this morning  Titus and I got up to go run in the 1st Annual PIU 5K Run and Walk. One of our goals this year at PIU is to do a better job of connecting to and serving the local community here on island and the 5K is a part of that. It was great to meet new people and to hear so many people “wow, this is such a nice campus, I should have come up here sooner.” The race began on the campus at 6 AM, went out through the gate, through our neighborhood and then out on to Route 15 and then turned around and finished back on campus at the starting line. We had over 140 runners and I think everyone had a great time. And yes, Titus and I finished the race. I am pretty sure we were in the top 140.

Registration started at 5.30 AM. PIU staff and the Guam Running Club did a great job getting things set up

Mike helped Titus get set up and ready to run

Titus and I have our numbers on and are ready to run

Everybody does a little warm up dance before we start. If you look closely you can see that PIU faculty Joey Charles and Nino Pate are amazing dancers

And we are ready to start… I ran with Titus (897) and Miriam Collins (886). Eli Collins was way ahead of us

I took a couple pictures on the course

Mike and Samantha coordinated the awards ceremony. PIU English prof Sarah Brubaker took second in the women’s division

No comments: