Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Hawaii to San Diego

I have never done “red-eye” flights on two consecutive nights until this trip. As I mentioned in my previous post I flew the island hopper to Hawaii which left Pohnpei SAMSUNG            a little after 2 in the afternoon and arrived in Honolulu at 3 AM. Then in the evening I met Nino in the airport in Honolulu and we flew out at 8.30 arriving in San Diego at 7.30 the next morning. Even though our friends at New Hope Christian College graciously provided me with a nice hotel bed to sleep in, please remind me not to try that again. I did have a good meeting with the administrative team at New Hope and we laid out the steps to make our new partnership work. We are looking forward to welcoming them out to Guam in the coming semester. I also had the opportunity to eat lunch at the Marina Restaurant, which, I was told, was the inspiration for Disney’s Tiki Room. I am sorry the picture is so blurry – jet lag I guess. Nino and I were picked up by my son Matt and grandchildren Milo and Keiahni. We rested up Tuesday for the TRACS Conference which would start the next day.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG            2013-11-01 16.23.41

This was my welcoming committee.

No comments: