Friday, August 08, 2014

Baymonte Class of 1974 Reunion

reunion (9)Last Saturday, August 2nd, I attended the 40th reunion of my high school graduating class. We had an amazing time together. reunion (12)Some of the people who attended I had not seen since graduation over 40 years ago. Others, I had seen at funerals (this was a much better way to see each other) and other events like that. We had over half of our very small class of 21 graduates show up, including a few who were classmates but graduated from other schools. The reunion included hiking and a picnic lunch (pictured) at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, a tour of Baymonte, and a dinner at the Central Street grill. It was so good to see everyone and it was good to realize how much positive impact Baymonte had on all of us.

Joyce and I during the hike. On the right I stand in the classroom where I began my teaching career in 1980

Got a lot of opportunity to chat with my classmates. Top left with Curt Miller (Curt and I were the pitching staff for the 1973-74 Baymonte baseball team. Top right – with Ted Shively. Bottom left getting instructions from Paul about the day and bottom right – talking with Richard Chapman and Linda Cantrall.

Out on the hiking trail

reunion (8)reunion (10)

Getting in some dinner conversation

reunion (11)

Left: The boys from the class of 1974, Right: Class of 1974 with teachers

No comments: