Monday, March 16, 2015

Aftermath of Tropical Storm Bavi

SAMSUNG            I was supposed to fly down to Chuuk today to meet with church and education leaders there but my flight was cancelled because of high winds at the airport. I am now scheduled to fly down to Chuuk tomorrow morning. I was disappointed not to go, but it did give me some time to take some pictures of what the tropical storm did to some of the trees in our yard (left).Bavi (6) PIU Alumni Coordinator Billy Edwin also took some pictures of minor tree damage on the PIU campus (right). We are thankful that no structures sustained damage. We pray for our roofs every time there is a windstorm of any kind. The airport was a mess this morning after a weekend of cancelled flights. The line I was in this morning twisted around through two levels of the terminal. I am praying that I get out tomorrow morning.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

Our driveway (left) was littered with broken branches and leaves. The trees in the backyard had some broken and stripped branches

Bavi (5)Bavi (7)

The tree behind the guys’ dorm lost a major branch. The potted plants in front of the admin building also took a beating. I heard the storm is dissipating. We are very thankful.

No comments: