Thursday, March 26, 2015

Eastern Micronesia Trip #2–Majuro

SAMSUNG            I continued my trip through Eastern Micronesia on Friday the 20th, flying to Majuro in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. We have had some students from the RMI (we have four this semester) but I had never actually been there before (except in the airplane flying through). This time I was invited by the pastors there, who include two PIU alumni – Benny Luke and Josen Teico. So, over the weekend I presented the programs and ministries of PIU to theSAMSUNG            Rita Protestant Church and Rita Christian School. I was able to speak in the Sunday morning service and evening youth service. I also was able share in the RCS Monday morning chapel and give the PIU entry test at the Christian school. In addition, I was able to spend time with several church and government leaders. We have been praying that we would be able to offer classes to the people of the RMI for a long time and it appears that prayer has been answered. We would appreciate your prayers as we move forward to partner with the churches there.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

I joined Benny (blue shirt) and Josen (green shirt) along with other church leaders for dinner on Friday night. Benny is hard at work on Monday morning at Rita Christian School. These church leaders are asking PIU to work with the church to complete the degrees for their workers who lead the churches and teach in the Christian schools there.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

All the churches I saw there, pastored by our alumni, were full. I was privileged to be able to preach there and to share with them about what PIU could offer them

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

The evening youth service was fun. I especially enjoyed the dancing and singing (they wrote all the songs they performed). I shared with them “5 reasons why going to college can make you into a better person.” They were very generous and made me feel very welcome

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

For Monday morning chapel my audience ranged from the ages of 5 to 18.

SAMSUNGSAMSUNG

I gave the test to 36 potential PIU students. Most were from the Christian school but there were a few students that came over from the local public school too. Also, several College of the Marshall Islands students and grads brought over filled out PIU applications.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

I thought Majuro was a beautiful place and I enjoyed some wonderful fellowship with the people there.

No comments: