Saturday, November 19, 2016

Traveling–Ohio #2

Ohio (14)

Some of you may not have heard that my son, Mike, is now in a PhD program at Hebrew Union College. We hope to get him back to PIU in a few years with a PhD. I had an opportunity to go to school with Mike one day while I was in Cincinnati. I enjoyed attending an exegesis class with him, meeting some of his classmates and seeing the campus. I especially enjoyed touring the museum. That is where I took most of the pictures. The picture above is the school’s chapel.

Ohio (16)Ohio (21)

One of the campus  buildings and the Torah scroll at the entrance to the museum

Ohio (17)Ohio (18)

These synagogue items were taken out of Europe in the 1930’s to protect them from the Nazi’s

Ohio (19)Ohio (20)

On the right is ancient pottery taken from archaeological sites in Israel

No comments: