Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday Update From Stanford Hospital

Today is Day 9 after transplant. It seems pretty evident that I am in the slow part of the "getting better every day" that I was told to expect. But the key word here is not "slow" but "in." The expectation is a couple days of slow improvement and then the improvement will speed up very quickly. The doctors think my counts will come up to the point where they can discharge me by Thursday. That was good news.
I was able to eat solid food for the first time since transplant today. I had cream of wheat for breakfast and French toast for lunch. I did have a hard time getting the French toast down but it still was a good break through for me. Now the big thing is to try to get my bodily functions back closer to normal. Still we were very happy with the day.
It was also nice to have Jim and Kay Sawyer visit again today. Thank you for praying for us. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: