Thursday, August 16, 2012

Preaching at Gold Country Baptist Church

SAMSUNG              These last two weeks have not been all about vacation. While we were up in El Dorado County I had a chance to preach at Gold Country Baptist on Sunday the 12th. I also had an opportunity to fellowship withSAMSUNG            the elders in their Friday morning get-together. GCBC was one of the first two churches, along with Gateway in Scotts Valley, to become part of our mission partnership team back in 1984 when we first went out to Palau with Liebenzell Mission USA. So we have many old friends at the church. It was good to see them and make some new friends. The church really seems to be growing lately. I enjoyed having a day to fellowship with the people there. We do appreciate Gold Country and all the other churches and individuals who help keep us on the field at PIU. I took some pictures of the congregation while I was preaching. I am sorry that they are a bit blurry.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

I also had a chance to chat with Melody and Tim Plaxton. Tim and Melody spent 4 years out at PIU on our faculty and staff. GCBC not only supported them but continues support us, Mike and Samantha and Mary Lou Carruthers at PIU.

No comments: