Thursday, June 05, 2014

Wedding #1

You may have noticed that I have been posting pictures about my family’s visit to Guam. This actually was my sister’s first visit to Guam. The main reason that they came, of course, was the wedding of their son Jesse last Saturday. Jesse and his new wife Jonie are both recent 2014 graduates of PIU and so their weddingSAMSUNG            was quite special for me as a bringing together of my two families: the PIU family and my biological (Owen-Hartt – pictured on the left) family. The wedding was also a very wonderful blend of American and Chuukese traditions – I joked that it proves that we meet our school objective of promoting cross-cultural understanding and cooperation. Jayne and her family left yesterday to head back to California. I have a lot of pictures of the wedding so I will make a few posts about it mixed in with the regular mix of theology, PIU events etc that are posted here. Enjoy the pictures – especially you mom and dad!

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We practiced the ceremony on Friday evening

Jayne and Shelley helped get the Owen flower girls dressed and ready with very cute results

SAMSUNG

More flower girls with brother Titus and Nate in the background

Joyce and Paige get the flower girls ready to proceed in with the bride

More pictures of the wedding party getting ready to march in for the ceremony

More family and friends

3 comments:

Marylee said...

I am so excited to finally find you, Jayne and Nate! This is Marylee from Biola. (Jayne's college roomate) Can you give me her contact information?
Here's my blog, too: www.calledbacktohaiti.blogspot.com
God bless you Dave,
Marylee

Marylee said...

Dave,
I am so excited I found you, Jayne and Nate!
Congratulations on Jesse's wedding...a bit belated!
This is Marylee, Jayne's college roommate.
Can you send me her contact information? my email is marylee.lewis@gmail.com
and my blog is www.calledbacktohaiti.blogspot.com
Thank you and God bless you,
Marylee

Marylee said...

Dave,
So glad to find you, Jayne and Nate!
This is Marylee, Jayne's roommate from Biola U.
Can you give me Jayne's contact information please?
Here's my blog: www.calledbacktohaiti.blogspot.com
God bless you,
Marylee