Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day One at Schooleys Mountain

I had a good first full day at Schooley's Mountain. First off, I have a washing machine where I am staying so I was able to wash and dry all my clothes. Then I had breakfast with LMUSA board member Norm Dietsch. We had a good time discussing the mission's strategy for PIBC and sharing "old missionary" stories. I then spent the rest of the day with our PIBC Palau Teaching Facility Coordinator, Rob Watt. Rob has been on furlough since June and will be returning to Palau in January. We were able to work in a little talk about football, but we mostly talked about setting up the Palau classes for the Spring, strategies for getting more people involved in the Koror church and ways we can help and continue work with our alumni. After dinner Rob headed back to Pennsylvania. I will be going there tomorrow to visit with former LMUSA global director George Hege and Guam friends Graham and Joan Rogers.

No comments: