Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pennsylvania

I have just returned to Schooleys Mountain from a one day trip to Pensylvania to visit friends. It was a long but beautiful drive through the Mennonite country. I first visited George Hege, former Global Director of Liebenzell USA in Reading. (I was in Redding CA and in Reading PA on this trip - hmm) It was great to see him and get caught up on how their church plant is doing. I always enjoy bouncing my ideas off George and getting his input. We also had a good Mexican lunch. Thanks George.



I then drove from Reading to Lewisburg to visit Graham and Joan Rogers. I had the opportunity to drive through some thick mountain fog but the trip was enjoyable. Graham and Joan pastored the Agat Community Church in Guam for many years and are old friends. I showed my Guam pictures and we did a lot of reminiscing about old times there. I also told him that we have several positions available for him at PIBC. After lunch today I headed back to Schooleys. I drove through the beginnings of a snow storm in the Poconos but made it back OK. Tonight the group from Germany will come in and the meetings will start. More later.

No comments: