Monday, November 12, 2007

Ohio

I spent most of Saturday flying from Atlanta to Columbus Ohio through Newark, New Jersey. I stuck my coat in my checked luggage thinking that I would not need it until I got off the plane in Ohio. I thought I was going to freeze in the jetway in Newark. It is the first time I have been able to see my breath in a long time. Once I was on the plane and under a blanket I was fine. I was glad to have my jacket when we got to Columbus too. It was cold Saturday night and it was sleeting on the way to church on Sunday morning. The whole place was in mourning because Ohio State lost their football game and got knocked out of their #1 ranking. I got to watch a little football in the airport.
I stayed with Mark and Sue Hall in Columbus. They lived on Guam back in 1989-91 and are friends with long time missionary there Ernie Ladd. Mark and I have talked before about having him come out to Guam to teach a math course at PIBC. They also arranged for me to talk to the pastor at their church, Rick Williams of Violet Baptist Church in Pickerington Ohio. The church is considering a mission trip out to Guam. Talk about small world! The pastor is a good friend with Jim Ditty, the Southern Baptist mission director for Guam, who also teaches a music course at PIBC. We had a good discussion about how the church, the Guam Southern Baptists and PIBC could work together. It was a real blessing to meet the Halls, Pastor Rick and many of the people at the church there. (Why I took a picture of the inside of the church and not the people mentioned above - I don't know. Maybe my brain was too cold) Thank you Mark and Sue and people at Violet Baptist Church. I am looking forward to doing ministry with you.
Today I flew to Liebenzell USA HQ and am writing this post from the LMUSA office. More on that later.

No comments: