Saturday, April 02, 2011

Dave's Travels on the US Mainland - Salado Texas

I am back on Guam now and getting over jet lag, but I thought I should note my last stop on my recent visit to the US Mainland; to the Grace Baptist Church in Salado Texas. I left Dallas at about 3 PM and arrived in Salado just as the evening service began. I had an opportunity to speak, along with the pastor, about my experiences with spiritual warfare in the islands and shared about the newest challenges and opportunities at PIU. This is my fourth time to minister at the church and each time has been a real blessing. The church people in Salado took good care of the VOM team last summer and have been good supporters of the work at PIU. The only downside to the trip was that I missed meeting with the Palauan group there in Salado. After a quick dinner at Sonic (I have been seeing the New York and Chicago hot dogs advertised on TV for months and was eager to try them) I was hosted for the evening at the Puckett's home. Thank you Puckett family! The next morning I had breakfast and some good fellowship with Dr. Steve Waechter before I headed back to Dallas to catch my flight back to Guam on Tuesday morning.

No comments: