Thursday, November 15, 2012

Travel in Northern California

SAMSUNG            I am wrapping up my annual Fall trip to the US Mainland and am writing this from the Washington-Dulles airport. I think this has been a successful trip (I have been so busy I have had very little time to post to the blog) with connections made for fund raising and student-staff recruiting. I have also been able to meet a lot of interesting people.SAMSUNG I will post some pictures (didn’t take very many this time) over the next couple days from various stops on my trip covering the last couple weeks.Hopefully, the next post will come from Guam. The pictures with this paragraph are from a luncheon at First Baptist Church Redding CA. FBCR has been supporting our ministry since 2002 and I appreciated the church hosting a lunch for me. It was good to see our friends there again and share about the new things that are happening at PIU.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

From Redding I headed to Santa Cruz. The first night I was there I had the opportunity to join a Bible study hosted by Dave and Sally Beck. We have known the Becks and McKims (left) since about 1980 and it was an unexpected blessing to be able to spend some time with them. We also had a very encouraging prayer time.

SAMSUNGSAMSUNG

In Santa Cruz I was able to speak at Gateway Bible Church and meet with pastors and missions committee members. On the left is me with Laura McCabe, wife of John McCabe. It was good to be able to see Laura and talk to her about the great impact John had on the students and staff at PIU during the time he spent with us. On the right, I am comparing chin whiskers with Mike Snyder. Mike has me beat by quite a bit!

Some pictures coming from the Southern California portion of my trip next….

No comments: