Saturday, November 03, 2012

Susanville Ministry

SAMSUNG            Last weekend I enjoyed my annual trip to Susanville for the conference with the Palauan SAMSUNG            groups from all over the US Mainland at 1st Baptist Church of Susanville. It was good to see so many former students and old friends. This year former PIU teachers Eric and Karyn Sorenson were also part of the teaching team for the conference. It was great to see them again and I was encouraged by their continuing desire to be part of the ministry at PIU. Karyn will be doing ministry in Guam and Yap before I even get back from this trip. Here are a few pictures from the weekend with the Palauans and Susanville Baptist Church people.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

This is the 4th time I have been to this conference and each time I have had the opportunity to train the Palauan church leaders in Bible study methods and exegesis. This year we discussed how to interpret, teach and preach biblical narratives. Here the groups are working their way through the story of Abraham’s sacrifice of Isaac.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

There was a lot of good music and dancing

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

Each group made a musical presentation. Pastor John Murdock preached on Friday night and I preached on Saturday night.

SAMSUNGSAMSUNG

We met again on Sunday morning at 8 AM before everyone headed back home. I stayed around for the 11 AM service and headed down to Redding the next day.

No comments: