Tuesday, December 04, 2012

The Guam Ministerial Association

SAMSUNG            The Guam Ministerial Association held its last meeting of 2012 (we will have a Christmas party at the Royal Orchid Hotel next Tuesday night) at the Island Hope Four Square Church last Friday. I have been a member of GMA pretty much since we arrived on Guam in February of 1993 and have been an officer for several years. The GMA has a regular meeting at one of the member ministries on the first Friday of each month and meets for prayer on the morning of the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month. In addition PIU hosts the GMA theological discussion at lunch time on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Through the years my fellow GMA members have been a source of encouragement, support, accountability and ministry partnership to me personally and to PIU. There has been some conflict in the past but that has been very, very rare. This year I have been praying for deeper connection to Christ through the Spirit in my personal life and the GMA prayer meeting has been one way God has been answering that prayer. My brothers and sisters in the GMA have been a real blessing to me and I am thankful that the ministers in the group have such a good relationship with one another. This is a real witness to the community. The picture above is from the last meeting.

No comments: