Thursday, October 28, 2010

I am in the US for my annual Fall recruiting and fund raising trip, with this year's added bonus of Missy's wedding (more on that in a later post). The day before I left I was able to attend the first day of the PIU annual Fall Spiritual Emphasis Days, now known as "Koinonia Squared" or K2. We take three days, dismiss all classes and close our office to focus on prayer, worship and seeking God's direction. This year's theme was "Sacrifice" with Luke 9.62 as the theme verse. Our guest speaker was Kenny Clark from Grace Evangelical Free Church in La Mirada CA. The first day was great and the feedback I am getting from the students and staff was that it was a very meaningful time for everyone. I am posting here a couple pictures I took on the first day and a couple others that I "borrowed" from students' Facebook pages...

 Our team "Gibborim" discusses personal application of Luke 9.62

All the teams work on their team building exercises.

At the pre-chapel we got to know Kenny and prayed for the retreat


Joannie shares with the group. After I took this picture of Joannie, Courage demanded that I take a close-up of her too.

K2, as most activities at PIU, involved the whole PIU family. Mike and Samantha and the whole family (well maybe not Titus here) enjoyed the retreat.


No comments: