Friday, October 29, 2010

On the Road in Colorado

I have been in the US Mainland for a week now on my annual Fall recruiting tour. My first stop was in Colorado. I stayed with Joe and Cathy Wise (left), parents of PIU staff person, Stephanie Wise. It was great to get to know them. I enjoyed the walks around their beautiful neighborhood at 7200 feet in elevation. I was breathing pretty hard walking up and down those mountain roads. Joe also makes a great cup of hot chocolate. On Saturday I went down into Englewood, Colorado to speak to a Palauan church group. The Palauans are beginning a new fellowship in the Denver area and about 200 Palauans came in from California, Oregon and Texas to celebrate and to get the new fellowship off to a good start. I enjoyed seeing several of my former Emmaus and PIU students there and had a good opportunity to recruit new students. In the picture on the right I am standing next to Jake Ngiraiblosch pastor of  the Palauan group and a former student from Emmaus days. It was a wonderful day and the BBQ was good too, of course. On Sunday I flew to Dallas...

I got to share in the evening service on Saturday with the group. Thanks to the whole group for a great evening!

No comments: