Monday, November 04, 2013

Stop in Pohnpei

SAMSUNG            After a few days in Chuuk I headed to Pohnpei. I met PIU faculty members Peter Knapp and Ken Dixon when I boarded the plane in Chuuk and we landed in Pohnpei together. SAMSUNG            The plan was to meet with the leaders of several different church groups, meet students and parents, do a Bible seminar and some other ministries. I had a great time meeting the church leaders from several different groups and I am even more excited about the potential for PIU do ministry in Pohnpei. I think we can help the churches in a lot of areas, including Bible translation efforts. We stayed in the Mokilese church. I slept on a cot in the upstairs Sunday school room. Ken Dixon gave the PIU entrance exam on Saturday afternoon.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

There was an interesting German graveyard behind the church. During the “German time” (1917) several naval officers were killed in an uprising and buried here.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

Got to spend some time at the Pingelap and Kapinga churches

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

Peter Knapp and Ken Dixon led strategy meetings for the Mokil and Pingelap Bible translations.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We also enjoyed a good time of fellowship with the translation team.

No comments: