Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Adventures With Doctors and Hospitals

20170807_143239 (960x1280)If you have been following my blog or Facebook you know that we had a bit of a setback in our fight against T-Cell lymphoma last week We headed down to Stanford for what I hoped would be a “clear confirmation.” It turned out the other way as the PET scan showed the lymphoma lesions were back in my pelvic area. I had suspected something was up before the scan because I’d had a lot of pain in my lower left back area. I thought it might be my kidneys, but yesterday’s ultrasound (right) confirmed that my kidneys are OK. Today I will go see the oncologist to talk about our plan for the next round of chemo. I know the Stanford doctors would like me to begin ASAP. 20170815_110619 (960x1280)I agree because I’d like to see the swollen lymph nodes shrink and stop pushing on organs and causing pain. I have been taking pain pills for almost a week now, which I hate to do, and am hoping I can get off them soon. Some of the symptoms are very similar to what I had before (constipation yuk) but others have made this a new experience. So I am looking forward to getting treatments started again. This round of chemo is supposed to have less side effects, but it acts differently on everyone. As always, prayers for Joyce and I, and for doctors and medical staff are much appreciated. I included the picture on the right, not to show off my bare midriff, but to show how much the edema has come back there in the last week. The weird thing is that the edema has moved. We will see how that goes.

No comments: