Friday, November 17, 2006

Back Into the Classroom

Thank God It's Friday! Not for the usual reasons and not because today was "Island Wear Day" for Spirit Week and I got to wear my island shirt and golf shorts all day. Friday is the day I finally get back into the classroom after a month away. While I was gone I have been interacting with my Cults distance education class students by internet chat, threaded discussion and email but today I was back in the regular classroom. I always enjoy our Friday class because it is in full discussion format. I come prepared with a couple questions. Today, since we are studying Oneness Pentecostalism, my questions dealt with the how's and why's of non-Trinitarian views and the problems with the added requirements for salvation of extreme Arminian views. The students always seem to bring up an unexpected side to the issue. Then we move on to issues the students choose to bring up. Since last week's subject was Post-Modernism, most of the students' questions related to relativistic views of truth. So class was a lot of fun today. As always, I came out of the class pumped up and wanting more.

No comments: