Friday, November 10, 2006

Heading Back to Guam (Finally)

Well my long trek is finally over. The TRACS conference ended today after lunch. Again it was a great conference in which I learned a lot. However, the best thing about the conference is being able to interact with the leaders of institutions similar to us. I had a lot of time to talk with Randy Furushima, President of Hawaii Theological Seminary. Plans continue to go forward for us to put together a partnership that I am hoping will enable us to offer accredited seminary courses on Guam in the Fall of 2007. The seminars were also excellent. The picture is of David Barton who spoke last night after the evening meal. It was an excellent presentation on the overwhelming influence that evangelical Christianity had on the founding fathers and documents of the USA. I also did not realize that evangelical African-Americans had such an influence on the American Revolution and early American government. But, I think I have had enough of the mainland now and am ready to come back home to Guam and to my lovely wife. (Pictured) I will be back on Sunday night (Guam time) after a marathon flight and I will be back in the office on Tuesday.

No comments: