Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Greetings From Nashville


I have now finished my first day at the TRACS conference in Nashville. At the end of a good week in California I had the opportunity to make a PIBC presentation to the Gold Country Baptist Church mission group. It was great to see so many old friends, and family. (See some of the younger ones of the group pictured here!) On Saturday morning I flew to New Jersey where I met up with old friends from seminary, Jim and Rebecca Fox. Jim is the new pastor at Evangel Baptist Church in Springfield, NJ and I was honored to be there for his installation service. I appreciate him letting me preach the morning service. It was also fun to spend time with several of their family members. (Sorry no pics. My batteries were depleted.) Jim then drove me up to Schooley's Mountain to meet with the board of Liebenzell Mission USA (See web site at www.liebenzellusa.org). We had a productive couple of days sharing vision and strategy for the mission and PIBC. (Pictured here is board member Norm Dietsch and wife Hilda and Candidate secretary Mike Galley) Wednesday morning I headed to Nashville for the TRACS conference. I plan to post a report on that tomorrow. It has been a long month and I am ready to head back to the warmth of Guam.

No comments: