Monday, March 28, 2011

Dave's Travels on the US Mainland - Redding

After a nice drive through the snow, that was part drive and part sled ride, I arrived in Redding California last Monday. Joyce's parents live there so I had a place to stay. :) That afternoon I went over to Simpson University there in Redding. My goal was to explore with the administration there the possibilities of an articulation agreement for transfer of credit and for possible student and faculty and staff exchange. Simpson's VP of Advancement, Gordon Flinn, is connected with two PIU families, the Stinnette's and the Sorensons. Last summer the VOM team sang for the people in their advancement office and Gordon sponsored us for a couple nights to stay in the Simpson dormitories. We had a very profitable meeting and he introduced me to several other Simpson administrators. I had an opportunity to meet the President of Simpson, Dr. Larry McKinney, their Provost, Dr. Stanley Clark and Dean of Tozer Seminary, Dr. Sarah Sumner. Everyone was very open to the possibilities of partnership and saw an advantage in it for both schools. I am especially excited about the possibility of students in our AA in liberal studies program having the opportunity to transfer into Simpson's business, nursing and education programs. I would appreciate your prayers as we continue to discuss the development of this relationship that it would be a benefit to the ministries of both schools and move forward the kingdom of god.

No comments: