Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preaching in Chester

Sunday morning we headed over to Chester California to preach at Chester Baptist Church. Jake Ngirablosch, Doug York and I drove the 30 miles from Susanville to Chester through the falling snow. We got there about 20 minutes early and enjoyed getting to know the people there before the service started. A couple of the ladies had seen the VOM team over in Susanville last summer and wanted to hear more about the school and the students. They are very much hoping the VOM team will be able to come over to Chester this coming summer and help out with ministry to youth and children there. I appreciated the opportunity to preach and to share a little bit about the school and our needs. I appreciated the church's heartfelt prayers for us.

After church we had a little more time to fellowship, then we headed next door to the Copper Kettle Restaurant where the church bought us lunch and sent us on our way warm and full. In the picture left to right... Pastor Jake, Chester Baptist Pastor Lefebvre, me and Doug.  I enjoyed meeting the people there at Chester, ministering to them and I hope to see them again soon.

No comments: