Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Renovations #6 – Cabinets and Kitchen Sink

I have had a few people ask me, “Whatever happened with the renovations over at Mike and Sam’s house?” I thought I should post on that before I get fully into the posts reporting on the start of the semester. At some point in late July or early August we ran out of money to complete the project, but Joyce is very resourceful and managed to come up with most of what we needed. They finished the tiling in the kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms so they could move back in early August. She and Mike were able to do most of the cabinet work, with a little help from cousin Jesse and some of the other students. She needed to hire Rene again to do the kitchen sink and plumbing. Their house is pretty much done now. I will post some pictures of the completed house soon.

  They assembled the cabinets from a kit

Mike and Sam are happy to have a completed kitchen before the start of the new semester

Serenity is also happy to have a spot from which she can see the whole kitchen

No comments: