Monday, August 17, 2009

End of Summer Bible Study


Tonight I just got home from the "Monday night summer Bible study" last session. Over the last 11 weeks we have taken a fairly in depth look at Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon. Some weeks we have had as many as 15 there and others as few as four. I have enjoyed every week. The discussions have always been interesting as people with very different backgrounds, different levels of Christian maturity and at different places in their lives contribute to the discussion. I find that I learn something new from every session. It seems that someone always brings something to the discussion that I have not thought about before. Most of the people in the study are involved in leadership in some way in their churches so it is also interesting to hear how they are applying what they are learning in their homes and ministries. I am also thankful for the deepened relationships with the people in the study. As I told the class tonight, "this was the most fun I had all summer!"

No comments: