Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Brief Medical Update and Prayer Request

18268673_10213411193182063_8146934783509632611_nI made it through my fourth round of chemotherapy yesterday. I am experiencing some side effects, including some minor queasiness and I'm lit up and red faced from hot flashes. After heading to the doctor’s office this morning and getting my granix shot, I am taking it easy the rest of the day and resting. I weighed in at the doctor's office this morning and realized that in less than 24 hours I've already gained 4 pounds in water weight. This is not good, especially when we need to travel down to Stanford for testing and to Scotts Valley this weekend. My prayer request is that I would not balloon up with edema this week like after the 3rd round. I have some pills that would help with that, but the downside is that they have some negative effect on my blood count. So, as always, I would appreciate your prayers for lessening of the side effects of the chemo, especially the edema. Also be in prayer for my PET scan that's coming up on Friday. I'm hoping and praying that we get some good news from the scan. We would appreciate it if you can join with us in that prayer. Again, I’d much rather post a picture of a grand-daughter than one of me, so here is Leila with her new glasses.

No comments: