Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Medical Update: Really Good News!

20170515_104109 (1024x768)I am back in El Dorado after our weekend at Stanford, Scotts Valley and San Jose. I will post more on our weekend soon, but I wanted to post the good news about the results of my PET scan that we got yesterday. Monday morning Joyce and I met with our doctors at Stanford (pictured right with me) to go over the scan and to discuss further treatment. The news could not have been better!! The doctors could see no T-Cell lymphoma cancer in my lymph nodes in the scan. Now, I still need further testing and treatment but the doctor said, “the result could not be better.” We will continue the final two rounds of chemo in May and June and then I get 6-8 weeks to recover before we do a final PET scan and a bone marrow biopsy in August to make sure the cancer is really gone. I am not out of the woods yet, but this is a major “YES” answer to our prayers.

20170515_102512 (1024x768)On the left, you can see a screen shot of my two PET scans. The picture on the right is the scan from February and the one on the left was taken Monday. The black areas in the pictures are organs or the cancer. It is easy to see the difference the chemotherapy has made. This is not the final analysis but the doctors were already high-fiving Joyce and I because of this result. Way back at the beginning of this process I felt like God was leading/telling me to trust the doctors because they were doing His work in this process. We are overwhelmed with gratitude for the caring health professionals we have met through the treatment process and to God for the way he has worked out this outcome. There is still a ways to go, but we are happy to be where we are now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No words...only wow. PTL