Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back to Dallas Texas

After leaving Nashville, Saturday, I spent the last four days of this trip back in Dallas TX where we lived and went to Dallas Seminary back in 1988-92. I was there to recruit teachers and talk to the faculty about setting up mission trips and internships. I also was able to visit with PIBC alumni John and Lisa Tomada and a few other friends who have been out to PIBC - Brandon Buie and Jenny, and Joyce's sister Janet and her husband Paul. I was very encouraged this year by the opportunity I had to talk with several faculty members about what we are doing in the islands and how they could be involved. There seemed to be a lot of interest there. I also spent two days interviewing several students about the possibilities of being short or long term missionary teachers at PIBC. Please pray that God will direct these men and women to a great place of service (preferably PIBC)

While there I stayed with my daughter Missy. She is still working as a nanny and lives up in Allen. It was great to spend some father-daughter time with her and to get a chance to get to know her boyfriend, Cliff, a little. We also had fun watching some football together in the evenings. In the picture Missy and Cliff are showing their love for the Steelers and I am staying faithful to the 49ers even though they are 2-7 this year. Even her dog Sushi is a footbal fan. However, both of our teams lost this weekend.

Now I am at Columbia International University for the next couple days doing some more recruiting. One more week and I will be back on Guam.

No comments: