Friday, November 28, 2008

Joyce's Chauffeur License Test

Joyce took her test yesterday morning to get her license to drive the school vans. She thinks she passed the test, but we won't find out officially until December 3rd. She has been studying for the test for about a month. A couple nights ago she emailed me some examples from the study sheet that might illustrate why she had a hard time studying for the test. Joyce's comments are in red.

I am studying for my chauffeur’s license and take the written test tomorrow. It will be a miracle if I pass I think. Thought you might get a kick out of some of the study questions.

Definitely written by an ESL speaker and the spelling errors are on the study sheet.

5. No person shall drive vehicle when it so loaded or when there are in the front seat such a number of persons, in excess of three, cause obstruction the view of driverto the front side of vehicle as interfere of driver contraol. WHAT?????

13. Do not load at the rear of the truck it will cause frame bends and enough weight is taken from the front tires. O.K. I get this one

16. The tractor in direct line for the trailer with the fifth wheel opening line with trailer king pin. Come again?

20. Prevention of assuring its own stops smooth and gradual. They tell me if I just memorize these it will come in handy!

21. Stale lights means could change any time like when traffic light have been green sometimes before you reach. Im not making this up this is really what it says. I am laughing as I write this.

22. Side mirrors must show enough to see rears 200 feet back. This is my personal favorite.

24. Danger zone of vehicle directly infront of the cehicle in which vehicle cannot stop. Spelled just like that.

25. it take thew average of ¾ of a second from the time a you see problem to the time of brakes. I’m sure hoping that when I see the test this will all make sense.

33. The combinations of a unit of truck tractor and pup trailer have different vharacteristics than the semi trailer like improvised trailer. Wish me luck and enjoy a good laugh

There are 40 questions on the test and I can miss eight.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok- THIS cracked me up. Maybe you guys should drop off college applications to the department.