Monday, November 24, 2008

Trip Stuff

I am back on Guam after a 32 day trip that took me from Guam to Honolulu, LA, Northern California, Nashville, Dallas, Columbia SC, Greensboro NC, back to LA, San Diego and back to Guam. I felt like this trip was the most productive of all the trips I have taken in the last few years. Normally we have 3-4 seriously interested people but this time we have more like 10-12. We have people that are interested to come out and help us in the following areas...
Teaching English as a 2nd language in Chuuk and Guam - 3-4
Helping us with making videos and other promotional material - 3
Long term Bible/theology teachers - 2-3 but several others that are pursuing it.
Short term Bible/theology teachers - many, everywhere I went, but we have at least one coming this summer
Short term mission trips - two church groups and other interested individuals
Development - We have made an agreement to work with a development consultant to raise private support for the work of PIBC. I figure that we need to raise about $500,000 in annual fund support and another $2-3 million in capital support over the next few years to do what we believe God is leading us to do.

In addition I met and talked with many interesting people, was encouraged by our faithful supporting churches and ministry partners and saw many instances of God working throughout the USA. Oh yea, it was also great to be able to visit with many of my family members too, including my cute grandkids! Still, it is great to be back at PIBC with the students and staff. (I do have a couple more trips to take in the islands before Christmas vacation.) I would appreciate your prayers for us as we end up our semester.

No comments: