Thursday, October 02, 2008

Blogs I Read

There are so many good blogs out there and web sites that are worth checking out (among others that are not so good and just wasters of time), that one cannot read them all and still have a meaningful life in the non-virtual world. I have to limit myself or I would be reading on line 24 hours a day and never get anything done. So I thought I would let you know the web sites I take the time to visit regularly.

Just look to the right at my links and you will see the blogs of family members and co-workers. I try to read those regularly so I know what is going on in their lives. You can get a lot of different perspectives about life at Pacific Islands Bible College and in Micronesia by clicking on the links to the right.

I do my social networking on Facebook. I am in the Pacific Islands Bible College, Biola, Dallas Seminary and Baymonte Christian School groups. Send me a friend request and I will connect with you.

My favorite theological web sites are:
Darrell Bock my prof at Dallas Seminary. He has a good post on the Christian response to the current US economic crisis.
The Scriptorium: The Torrey Program of Biola site. There is always interesting commentary here on theology, culture, politics and even some funny stuff
Ben Witherington: A prof at Asbury seminary and New Testament scholar who comments on a wide range of issues from scholarly theological papers to movie and music reviews.
Jesus Creed: This is Scot McKnight's blog. He is a Religion prof at North Park University. This is the best blog I have seen for reading theological discussion on a wide range of issues from a wide range of perspectives. His latest post on why he is not Roman Catholic or Orthodox was excellent.
N. T. Wright: This site has a good collection of NT Wright papers and audio. He always has an interesting perspective on things. Thank you Michael for sending me there.
Blue Passport: is a missiology blog by RG Lewis a veteran missionary and missionary-trainer. He always makes me evaluate my effectiveness in cross-cultural discipleship.
Ship of Fools: This is an English site that points out the funny and weird in the church. Guaranteed to make you laugh as you cry at the stupid things evangelicals do world-wide. I especially enjoy the Fruitcake Zone and Gadgets for God.

I do also spend some time on ESPN.com and Foxsports.com to keep up with my SF 49ers, Sacramento Kings and Oakland A's.

Maybe some time we can talk or play a game of Challenge Sudoku on line!

2 comments:

Islander said...

Hello,

Just wanted to say that your blog and Dr. Boydston's blog are on my list of websites that I visit regularly. I enjoy reading them and am interested in a couple of the sites on your list as well. I also visit ESPN regularly(sorry but not for the 49ers. Definitely not. Go CHARGERS! and the LAKERS! Go KOBE!)

God bless,

Dave Owen said...

Thank you for the kind words. Please keep on letting me know what you think. The students also regularly give me a bad time about my devotion to the 49ers and Kings but I stay loyal. ;)