Friday, March 16, 2012

On the Road

This past week both Joyce and I have been traveling on the US Mainland. Joyce is in Allen, Texas with our daughter Missy who is due to give birth at any moment. I am in California recruiting faculty and staff and meeting with donors and friends of PIU. I would appreciate prayers for my efforts here (schedule below) and for Joyce’s dad, Dale Cundall. Dale met Joyce in Texas but now is in the ICU at Baylor Hospital with some fairly serious health issues. Joyce and her sisters are all there with their mom and are at the hospital 24-7.

I will be leaving for Portland tonight (Friday) where I will be meeting with PIU alumni and Micronesian groups on Saturday and Sunday. I will also be meeting with a potential faculty member.

Sunday night I will fly to San Diego. I will be meeting with some potential faculty and staff for PIU and will have two dinners hosted for me Monday and Tuesday evening to connect with several people who are interested in coming to or supporting the ministry at PIU.

Wednesday I will fly to Dallas, meet up with Joyce and see my new granddaughter. I will be one of the speakers at the missions conference at Redeemer Bible Church there. Redeemer has been a faithful supporter of PIU for the last few years. I will return to Guam on Monday the 26th. Joyce will continue to stay with Missy and the baby for another couple weeks.

I would also appreciate your prayers for the PIU recruiting teams in Palau and Pohnpei. PIU Dean of Women, Daisy Murdock reports to me that she has already received 9 complete applications in Palau for the Fall semester and expects more. The group in Pohnpei are focusing on our new Bible Translation emphasis in our Biblical Studies program.

We do appreciate your prayers for us and other PIU staff who are on the road recruiting while the PIU students are on Spring Break.

No comments: